Reported on the Sony Alpha Rumors site a few days ago was a rumor that some of Sony’s SLT cameras (A77 and A65) were going to get a firmware update and this was released this morning. What wasn’t known until now is that the NEX-7 also has a firmware update too.
This isn’t a small update either, the update includes the following new features:
- Addition of capability to enable or disable the MOVIE button
- Addition of exposure settings of bracket shooting (three frames /1.0EV,2.0EV, 3.0EV)
- Improvement of response for showing auto review image.
- Improvement of image quality when using a wide angle lens
- Improvement of indication when setting “Flexible Spot”.
The NEX-7 firmware update can be downloaded from here.
The increase in bracketing and the disable option of the movie record button alone are features that have been asked for for some time now, iunfortuntely I won’t be abel to downlaod the updates until after work :(, I will report back later tonight/tomorrow and report my findings.
Sony have a blog post about the update and this can be read here.