I write this post with only 1 hour left of the year 2012 and what a year it has been! I though that I would post a quick blog entry to say what was great about 2012 and what was not great as well as a few hopes for 2013. Here goes:
What was great about 2012:
- I went on a fantastic Holiday to Florida with my Sister, Brother-in-law and my Nephew (Louise Simon and Jack). This was probably the best holiday I have ever had and I needed it (see what wasn’t great in 2012).
- We now have two new additions to the family – 2x Schitzu puppies – Seska and Zara.
- I got an even better Ford Kuga that has about every gadget known to man.
- I finally got Apple computers out of my system (I hope).
- We also got Windows 8 and whilst I seem to be in a minority I really like the operating system so much that:
- I know have a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 phone.
- I think that I may have sorted out the job issue by moving into a new role called “Process Consultant” and I hope that I with the help of my line Manager (Matt) can develop this role into something really interesting.
What was not great about 2012:
- My job sucks!
- My job sucks!
- My job sucks! (I know that that this is technically only one bad thing but it was such a problem for most of 2012 I thought that I would mention it 3 times).
- We lost Ezri – she was only 10 years old.
- I spent too much time and money on GAS – Gear Acquisition Syndrome – this is where the gear itself (in Photography anyway) is more important than actually using what you have to take pictures.
- With the exception of the March to May period I took hardly any pictures.
- My finances could be better.
- I have gained (more) weight.
What am I going to do in 2013? You could call these new year resolutions:
- I am going to loose weight (about 2 stone) this year and keep it off, I will go to
WeightwatchersSlimming World to help with this, 2 stone is a lot but this should be achievable by May (just before my birthday).
- I am going to make sure that I take more pictures this year, I haven’t fleshed this out too much – more to come, but is linked to the one below:
- Host this year’s Scott Kelby World Wide Photo-walk in Lincoln. There wasn’t one in Lincoln last year and I need to start the ball rolling by running some photo-walks to get the experience that Scott requires for you to run them. The World Wide Photo-walk is in October so whilst this is 10 months away there isn’t much time to have walks before then.
- To combat GAS (see what wasn’t great in 2012) I am not allowed to purchase anything photo related for 9 months that is over £50, this should allow small things that are needed from time to time but stop the big purchases from happening. In 9 months I will see where I am and if I need to adjust the gear that I have.
- If I get another new car this year it will have to cost less to own and run, my current car isn’t cheap!
01-JAN-2013 EDITED: Updated name of Weight Loss company to Slimming World after recommendation from my sister.