As promised by FUJIFILM and detailed in one of my previous posts here, the new firmware has been released. The firmware offers the following improvements:
- Improved AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
- Addition of the “Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing.
- Improvement of the method to change magnification during manual focus.
- Improvement of focus precision in various scenes [additional item]
- Improved Optical Image Stabilisation when using the XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens
Item 1 in the above list refers to the following lenses:
XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
XF18-55mmF2.8–4 R LM OIS
In addition to new firmware for the X-Pro1 and X-E1, all of the above lenses will need new firmware too.
The complete list of new firmware is as follows:
- v3.00 for X-Pro1
- v2.00 for X-E1
- v3.00 for 14mm
- v3.00 for 18mm
- v3.00 for 35mm
- v3.00 for 60mm
- v3.00 for 18-55mm
Note: The XF55-200 F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS does not need new firmware is it incorporates any new changes within the firmware it was released with.
All of the firmware can be obtained from here.
TIP: I have found that some of the download links do not show me version 3.0 of the firmware but the previous version was shown instead. After a futile exercise of clearing my cache, I simply refreshed the relevant pages and voilà! the version 3.00 firmware page showed up.
I will be downloading and installing the firmware later today.