Fujifilm have released new firmware updates for several of their X series cameras and Fujinon zoom lenses. The main aim of these firmware updates is to enable compatibility with the new Fujinon XF56mm f1.2 lens; there are also a host of OIS improvements to many lenses.
The firmware updates that were released on 20th February (i.e. yesterday) are available for the following; the name of the body/lens links to the relevant part of Fuji’s firmware update site:
- X-Pro1 : 3.20 (current 3.10)
- X-E1 : 2.20 (current 2.10)
- X-E2 : 1.20 (current 1.10)
- X-M1 : 1.10 (current 1.01)
- X-A1 : 1.10 (current 1.01)
- XC16-50mm : 1.12 (current 1.10)
- XF18-55mm : 3.11 (current 3.10)
- XF55-200mm : 1.11 (current 1.10)
The updates for the camera models incorporate the following changes:
- Addition of compatibility with XF56mmF1.2R.
- Improvement of AE accuracy with XF56mmF1.2R
- Improvement of AF accuracy with XF56mmF1.2R (only for X-E2)
- Improvement of OIS function for movie shooting when panning and tilting a camera.
- Improvement of OIS function for still image shooting.
- Fixed a bug where the maximum aperture always displays F5.6. (only for XC16-50mm. )
- Improvement of AF response during continuous shooting with X-E2 and X-T1. (for XF18-55mm and XF55-200mm)
More information can be found on Fujifilm’s site here.
Because of the issues I experienced with the v3.0 firmware updates last year, I will wait a week or two before I apply the updates. 🙂