I think that is is fair to say that this update is a Major one; along with the usual bug fixes and new camera/lens support this version has a host of new features. For anyone who shoots with Fuji cameras (including yours truly) this is a much welcome release. For the users with a large arsenal of Sony glass this is also a good update too!
You can get hold of the release candidate here.
Note: Camera Raw 8.4 and DNG Converter 8.4 are no longer officially supported on the following platforms: Mac OS 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), Windows XP, Windows Vista.
The following is a summary of the new features, bug fixes and new support (taken directly from the Adobe Labs site.
Updates to Preview:s
Added the following preview preferences, which are accessed from the Preview Menu:
- The Preview check-box in earlier versions of ACR has been replaced by three buttons in the bottom-right of the ACR main dialogue. From left to right, they are:
- Mode: Click this button to cycle through left/right and top/bottom side-by-side and split-view modes. Click-and-hold this button to bring up a popup menu for directly choosing Preview modes and accessing the Preview Preferences. Keyboard short cut: Press Q to cycle through the Preview modes.
- Swap: Click this button to swap Before/After settings. Keyboard short-cut: Press P to swap Before/After settings for the primary selected image only; press Shift-P to swap Before/After settings for all selected images.
- Copy: Click this button to copy the After settings to the Before settings. This is useful for establishing a temporary “checkpoint” for your image editing
session. Keyboard short-cut: Press Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for the primary selected image only. Press Shift-Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for all selected images.
- The After preview image always reflects the current slider and tool settings (White Balance, Exposure, etc.).
- The standard single-image view always shows the After state.
- In the side-by-side and split-view modes, the Before settings are always shown on the left or top, and the After settings are always shown on the right or bottom.
- The Preview Preferences dialogue supports customizing the Preview modes used for cycling and some drawing options.
- When using any tool other than Zoom and Pan (hand) in a side-by-side or split-view, changes are only allowed on the After view. Using the Crop tool will put you back into the standard single-image mode.
- Zooming and panning on one view will automatically zoom and pan the other.
Pet Eye Correction:
The Red Eye tool can now correct bright pupils in animals. Select ‘Pet Eye’ from the new drop down menu in the Red Eye tool to locate and fix pet eyes.
Local Correction Changes:
- Added a mechanism to quickly reset all local correction sliders (Temperature, Exposure, etc.) to zero: right-click on a local adjustment pin and choose “Reset Local Correction Settings” from the context menu. Another way is to click on a local adjustment pin, and then choose “Reset Local Correction Settings” from the fly-out menu.
- Added “Fill Image” to context menu for Radial Filter. Right-click on a radial filter adjustment pin and choose “Fill Image” from the context menu to resize the radial filter to cover the image area. (Short-cut: double-click inside the ellipse overlay for a radial filter adjustment to accomplish the same task.)
- Added context menu to Histogram pane. The context menu can be used to enable Lab color readouts, even when the Workflow Options are set to another color space (such as Adobe RGB). The context menu and also be used to toggle the shadow, highlight, and gamut clipping warnings.
- Added “Check All” and “Check None” buttons to Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialogue boxes. These are short-cuts for checking all/none of the check boxes.
- Added keyboard short-cut: When using the Crop Tool or Straighten Tool, press the X key to flip the crop aspect ratio (landscape to portrait, portrait to landscape).
- Added explanatory note to Lens Correction “Profile” panel to indicate when built-in (metadata-based) lens profiles are automatically applied to the image.
- Added Camera Matching colour profiles (PROVIA/STANDARD, Velvia/VIVID, ASTIA/SOFT, MONOCHROME, etc.) for the following Fujifilm cameras:
- Fujifilm X-A1
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Fujifilm X-S1
- Fujifilm X-T1 oh yeah! 🙂
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
- Fujifilm X10
- Fujifilm X20
- Fujifilm XF1
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X100
- Fujifilm X100S
New Camera Support:
- Canon EOS 1200D (REBEL T5, KISS X70)
- Casio EX-100
- DJI Phantom
- Fujifilm X-T1 oh yeah! 🙂
- Hasselblad H5D-50c
- Hasselblad HV
- Nikon D3300
- Nikon D4S
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 (*)
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS40 (DMC-TZ60, DMC-TZ61)
- Phase One IQ250
- Samsung NX30
- Sony Alpha a5000 (ILCE-5000)
- Sony Alpha a6000 (ILCE-6000)
(*) denotes preliminary support
New Lens Profile Support:
- Apple iPhone 5c Apple
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
- Fujifilm X100s
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 VR
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED
- Phantom Vision FC200 (DJI mount)
- SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013 (Canon-mount)
- SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013 (Nikon-mount)
- SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013 (Sigma-mount)
- Sony E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony 20mm F2.8
- Sony 24mm F2 ZA SSM
- Sony 35mm F1.4 G
- Sony 50mm F1.4
- Sony 50mm F1.4 ZA
- Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro
- Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA
- Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM
- Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA
- Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6
- Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
- Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA
- Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II
- Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM
- Sony DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM
- Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM
- Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM
- Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM
- Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM
- Zeiss Otus 1.4/55 ZE (Canon-mount)
- Zeiss Otus 1.4/55 ZF.2 (Nikon-mount)