On Thursday 24th July Fujifilm published a slightly updated version of their lens road map as follows:
The press release for the publicaton can be found on Fujifilm’s website here.
So what’s new and what’s changed? If you compare the above road-map with the previous version:
- The “High speed Wide Angle Lens” has been confirmed as the XF16mm F1.4 R and instead of its 2014 release date will now be released in mid 2015
- A new lens, the XF90mm F2 R has been added and will be released in mid 2015
- According to the roadmap the XF18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R OIS WR lens is now available. I haven’t seen my voucher or the lens yet and we are almost at the end of July, the voucher is only valid to the end of August!
- The release of the two f2.8 zoom lenses has reversed, now the XF50-140mm F2.8 R OIS WR lens will be released first at the end of this year, the XF15-55mm F2.8 R OIS WR lens will be released in Spring 2015.
- The “Super Telephoto Zoom Lens” has still not been identified (although the rumors state that this will be 120 to 400mm) and its release has been pushed back to “Winter 2015”. This means December 2015 at the earliest and I won’t be surprised to see this slip into early 2016
- The Zeiss lenses are all shown as released and I can now find all 3 from most online web stores
Frankly, I’m a little bit disappointed. The lens I was looking forward to (the 120 to 400mm) has been pushed back to the end of NEXT year instead of the end of THIS year. The XF-18-135mm lens is missing in action.
Switching the release of the two f2.8 zooms makes sense to me but why have nearly all of the lenses had their release dates pushed back?