I was reading Richard;s blog here and was reading his post about the Lincoln Barons that have now gone to their new homes after being on display all over Lincoln. This reminded me of my own “Charter Trail” cum “Baron Photo Shoot” that I did back in July this year. In a couple of hours I went all around Lincoln to take a photo or two of each of the 25 Barons.
I used the Charter Trail leaflet to locate the location of the barons:
And then starting with the first Baron I visited them in order as follows:
1. William de Forz (Mmm… Lincolnshire Baron)
2. William de Huntingfield (Lindum Soldier Baron)
3. Richard de Clare and Gilbert de Clare (Steampunk Baron)
4. Robert de Vere (The 1960’s Baron)
5. Henry de Bohun (The Baron of Riches)
6. Roger Bigod (Truck Driver Baron)
7. William D’Albini (Wild Flower Statue Baron)
8. William de Mowbray (Bomber Baron)
9. Richard de Percy (An Expansive Place Baron)
10. William de Lanvallei (The People’s Baron)
11. William Marshall II (Teacher Baron)
12. Geoffrey de Mandeville (Wings of an Angel)
13. John de Lacy (Freeman Baron)
14. William Hardel (Baron Mayor of Lincoln)
15. Hugh Bigod (The Graduate Baron), this was after he was moved outside of the shopping centre.
16. John FitzRobert (Anything Goes Baron)
17. Geoffrey de Say (Station Master Baron)
18. Gilbert de Clare (Proud to be a Yellow Belly)
19. Robert de Ros (The Beekeeper Baron)
20. Richard de Montifichet (Young Baron)
21. Eustace de Vesci (Construction Baron)
22. Roger de Montbegon (Lincolnshire Waterways Baron)
23. Robert Fitzwalter (Red Arrows Baron)
24. William Malet (Sir Walter Style)
25. Saer de Quincy, Earl of Winshester (Baron of the Crystal Hues)
I have to say I was very impressed that there was such a diverse slection of paint jobs of the same 3d shape statue; all of the artists involved in the project should be commended. My favourites though were (in no particular order) 3.Steampunk Baron, 6.Truck Driver Baron, 9.An expansive Place Baron and 22.Lincolnshire Waterways Baron.
The message found on the Barons was good and I won’t spoil it for anyone who still does not know it.